Saturday, June 16, 2018

"The Women of Cedar Hill," Douglass National Historic Site, 18 February 2018

The Frederick Douglass National Historic Site in Anacostia, D.C., was once again kind enough to invite me to speak at their annual Frederick Douglass Birthday Celebration in February. This, of course, was a big one being the Bicentennial. The audience was filled with women who were so excited to hear about the women who lived in Cedar Hill.


[A video should appear here, but for some reason it will only appear in preview. When I post, it sometimes disappears.]

Before my talk, as I contemplated the Maryland biscuits (which were tasty!), a woman and her young daughter and I began a conversation about Anna. She had fallen in love with Anna -- "obsessed" her daughter said -- and had been up all the night before researching her on the internet. She ran in and bought my book, and I signed it right there for her and her daughter. If you are out there, ladies, I hope you enjoyed it and are still reading about the first Mrs. Douglass!



No comments:

Post a Comment