Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Anna Murray, Mrs. Frederick Douglass," at Le Moyne College, Feb. 10th

I will be giving a talk at Le Moyne College, Syracuse, New York, on Thursday, February 10, 2011, at 7:00 pm in the college's Grewen Auditorium.

The talk will be "Anna Murray, Mrs. Frederick Douglass," in which I will outline Anna Murray Douglass's life, address the way historians have portrayed her, and discuss the limited evidence that we have in reconstructing her life. Then -- may my powers be up to the task at this point -- I will bring it all home and explain how this relationship is important in understanding Frederick Douglass and the lives of free black women such as Anna.

Aside from presenting what I hope will be an awesome paper to an undergraduate audience, I am hammering out what will become essentially 1 1/2 - 2 chapters in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment