Friday, July 7, 2017

The Arts Fuse Review of Women in the World of Frederick Douglass and other Links

I've been lazy and not keeping up with Douglass on the Grand Tour or much of anything, really. Meanwhile, the Arts Fuse has published a stunning review of Women in the World of Frederick Douglasshttp://artsfuse.org/160748/book-review-women-in-the-world-of-frederick-douglass-crucial-partners/

Roberta Silman, I don't know you, but I adore you! You read the book, you get the book, you get what I was trying to say probably  more than I did. Plus, I'm not sure anyone has eover called anything I have done "fierce" and meant it seriously or as a compliment. Thank you!

Thank you also to Amy Cools of Ordinary Philosophy for your favorable mention. I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading the book after so long a wait. Amy is a fellow Douglassonian (to adopt a term coined by another Douglassonian, John Muller, author of Frederick Douglass in Washington, D.C.) interviewed me about the book last year.

As of today, a piece I wrote for the My Book: the Movie blog, which is part of the Campaign for the American Reader and edited by Marshal Zeringue, went up. Actually, I got very carried away with the assignment to cast the movie version of my book and wrote several pages, casting at least half of the figures who appear. They just wanted 600 words, so this represents only a fraction of a much longer version. Needless to say, I've been playing this game for a very long time.:
 https://mybookthemovie.blogspot.com/2017/07/leigh-foughts-women-in-world-of.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment